It should come as no surprise that I’m involved in a cut throat competition with super high stakes – a winner take all, reputations on the line, battle for sports fan supremacy. Yes, I’m competing against my co-workers to see who can emerge with the best record of NFL picks.
- New England Patriots – Two longest NFL winning streaks with 18 games in 2003-04 and 21 games in 2006-2008
- 1991 Indianapolis Colts – Twenty-one consecutive quarters without a touchdown
- Joe DiMaggio – Even though I’m not a Yankees fan you have to love a 56-game hitting streak
- Boston Red Sox – Eighty-six years without a World Series (the streak itself was horrible, but breaking it was oh so sweet!)
- Boston Celtics – Eight straight NBA titles
- Lance Armstrong – Seven Tour de France wins, ’nuff said.
December 7th update – the streak is still alive! I beat the boys for the fifth week in a row (that’s five, count ’em). This week was touch and go, but I pulled it out in the end.
December 13th update – it’s sad, but true. The has streak ended with a loss to the fighting turducken. However, I still hold the record for most weekly wins.